Linked to the health-and-holiday concept is the promotion of long-stay visitors, with is mainly targeted at getting retirees from countries that have harsh winters and a higher cost of living to stay for extended periods in Thailand, where it is both warmer and less expensive.
Thailand owes much of its international popularity to the remarkable variety of its natural attractions. On offer is a tremendous choice of settings – blissful beaches and islands, rugged hills and jungles, teaming rivers and waterfalls.
Now a related product of this diverse environment, the country's rich natural healing heritage has started to attract a new generation of discerning tourists. With the increasing international popularity of health centred holidays, Thailand is pushing to the fore its world-renowned traditional massage, herbal steam baths, healing arts,
meditation, aromatherapy, yoga, acupuncture, cookery and beauty treatments, as will as an ever-expanding selection of world-class spas.
Longer stays are the order of the day as visitors seek not just to experience these healthy ways fleetingly but to absorb maximum benefits over an extended period, while at the same time experiencing the country's history and culture at a deeper level. Once the process of rejuvenation and enlightenment starts to bear fruit, the logic of making this choice becomes beautifully apparent and quite irresistible.
What to do during your long-stay in Thailand
- Enjoy the healthy Thai food and learn the art of Thai cooking
- Enjoy the benefits of traditional Thai massage or learn the techniques for yourself at numerous resorts and spas, as well as the famous Wat Po in Bangkok
- Enjoy traditional Thai healing in the form of a herbal steam bath designed to improve circulation, reduce stress and muscle fatigue, enhance the respiratory system, ease allergies and cure skin ailments.
- Meditate your way to health and happiness.
- Rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit in a distinctively Thai atmosphere at the finest of spas
- Take up yoga and achieve harmony of mine, body and spirit
- Experience the rejuvenating power of the 4,000 -year-old Chinese art of acupuncture, a technique that awakens the body's self-healing responses and restores the balance of yin and yang.
- Experience the holistic healing power of aromatherapy and wave good-bye to negative energies and depression.
- Pamper yourself with all kinds of beauty treatments, modern and traditional, at amazing Thai prices.
- Learn the Thai language for a better understanding of the country and its people, so making your long-stay more fun and meaningful.
HEALTH & ADVENTURE
Day 1: By road to Chachoengsao to pay homage to the revered Luang Pho Sothon Buddha image at Wat Sothon Wararam Worawihan. Visit Wat Pho Bangkhla to see the fruit bats living there. After lunch, by road to Prachin Buri for inspection of Phraya Abhaibhubet Hospital's facilities. Dinner and overnight at Prachin Buri.
Day 2 : Spent the whole day taking part in the various health programmes or enjoy Thai massage and herbal sauna facilities at Phraya Abhaibhubet Hospital . Dinner and overnight in Prachin Buri.
Day 3 : Depart for Sa Kaeo, stopping to buy silk items at Kabin Buri. Lunch at Aranyaprathet on Cambodian border, followed by shopping at Rong Kreua market. On to Nakhon Nayok. Dinner and overnight at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy.
Day 4 : Briefing and visit to academy's museum. Enjoy a orning of activities from tower parachute jumps to biking, canoeing and swimming. Lunch at the clubhouse. Depart for Bangkok