Thailands breathtaking beaches and lush mountains attract adventurers from around the globe. Vibrant nightlife, a rich history and amazing scenery all serve to offer the experience of a lifetime. With warm, sunny weather every day of the year, any time is a great time to visit this tropical paradise. There are so many things to do and see in Thailand, that it can be easy to become overwhelmed. Here are the top 10 places to visit that will give any traveler a complete and well-rounded portrait of this amazing country.
1. Bangkok. The capitol of Thailand is a whirl of activity and is a must see. The dazzling beauty of the Grand Palace is a sight you wont want to miss. Wat Po and Wat Arun are famous historical landmarks well worth a visit. Thailand accommodation is easy to find and often inexpensive.
2. Ayutthaya. This UNESCO world heritage site was once a large Siamese kingdom. The ruins of the temples and city are a culturally significant experience and the museums are packed with history.
3. Mae Hong Son. This northwestern province is close to the Burmese border and provides a unique atmosphere with rugged mountains and remote tribes of people untouched by time.
4. San Kamphaeng Hot Springs. These natural springs are believed to have health benefits. Set in a gorgeous park on over 40 acres, they are an amazing natural resource.
5. The Floating Market. The Damneon Suduak Canal is host to hundreds of colorful market boats laden with fresh produce and other goods. Flag one down to buy a treat or take a ride down the canal and enjoy the beauty of the area.
6. Chiang Mai. If you are interested in a spiritual journey, the city of Chiang Mai will surround you with tranquility and charm. Take a guided trek into the mountains surrounding the area and await your epiphany. Thailand accommodation is varied and convenient.
7. Hin Daeng. This area is considered to have the best diving in Thailand. Many different colors of rocks and coral delight snorkelers and divers. Plenty of fish and other wildlife weave in and out of the dazzling carpet of the ocean floor.
8. Koh Samui. A laid back attitude and loads of fun await you on Koh Samui. Drop in on a full moon party at Ko Pha-Ngan or go on an island safari and take an elephant ride. The beaches here are considered some of the loveliest in Thailand.
9. Phuket. This island paradise is a prime location to indulge in snorkeling, sailing and windsurfing. Diving instruction is available. Take a walk in the forest for a change of pace from the beach. Phuket is a popular tourist destination and English is spoken by many people.
10. Railay. Railay is surrounded by natural limestone formations and is known as a rock climbers paradise. Accessible only by boat, this beautiful area gives you the feeling that you are cut off from the rest of the world. It isnt unusual for people to stay here longer than they had planned.